Monday, 26 November 2007

S.L.C 2007: the end of my time with TSCF.... or maybe just the end of the beginning............

The other week I went to my last TSCF event as a student: Student Leadership conference. This year I did stream three; a stream dedicated to people who are in there final year of study and about to enter the workplace or go into post graduate study. We spent a lot of time looking at how to honour God thought our work. It’s not simply a matter of using work as a chance to get only to give to the church and to be nice to people, but we should see our work as an act of worship, and really think about how it glorifies God. We were also challenged to think about how we use our money: doses this glorify God, and spent the week looking at the book of Nehemiah and a lot of time reflecting on who we are.
All this has given me a lot to think about and work thought, which I have not really had the chance to do yet. However, as I reflect on how I have changed while I've bean at Uni, I can see that t has changed me a lot. There are lot of things with CU\TSCF has given me, but two in particular are significant. I think I am a much more thoughtful person, particularly with regards to my faith. I the past I would have gone along with whatever was the in thing in church or Christian circles, without thinking about whether or not it was really God at work. Now I think thought- at least a little- what I see in church. Is the really in line with what the Bible teaches? Is the glory really going to God? And I think my involvement with TSCF\CU has been a large part of this.
Some people would say that this is a bad thing: we must have faith in God and not our own intellect. And to a degree they are right: we should really on God and not ourselves. But on the other hand, we need to make share it is really God we have faith. Therefore we must make share it is God at work in the things we see around us. We must make share we understand what the bible really teaches about who God is and how he want us o live our lives. This is something which I am only being at. And while I think it is health to think thought what I see in the church and the world today, I don’t think became a total cynic is healthy ether. When we see things which are not perfect in the church, I think it is healthy to be thankful that God is still at work in human imperfectness and weakness, and not get cynical at where Gods people are at.

The second is a number of good friends across New Zealand and around the world. I have meet so any fantastic people though CU and TSCF both staff workers and students, some I have gotten to know quite well, some not so. I really hope and pray that I will continue to develop theses friendships, and that God will use them to grow both his kingdom and us as individuals. It’s great to know that if I have to movie to a scary place like Auckland I will actually know some people there. If any of you actually read this blog; YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! You really are. Thanks for the good times, the prayer meetings, the mafia, the deep and meaningfully, the committee retreats, the camps and conferences, the road trips, the cell groups, the soccer, the laughter, the hanging out, the whatever it is. I will miss you. Where ever you are, I know that God will continue to use you to bless people and grow his kingdom. And somewhere along this line, weather here or in eternity, our paths will cross. And because of the cross, it will be to Gods glory.

So it’s goodbye to TSCF as a student. Thanks to TSCF, in really it’s thanks to GOD. I will leave with the word of the unofficial anthem if TSCF, IN Christ alone- and song with sums up the gospel of our LORD and savior Jesus Christ. A song with always reminds me of what God has done for me: both thought the cross and thought TSCF.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save'
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
fAnd as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Brought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

No comments: